Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday


I've celebrated Easter for my entire life. I grew up in a Christian home, so for as long as I can remember I knew the whole story: Jesus died on the cross for my sins, and on the third day He rose again. It was fairly basic to me and something that I never thought much about.

I suddenly remembered when preparing myself for Easter (fasting for 40 days, etc...) that I've been taking this entire event for granted. Without this act of selflessness and sacrifice my faith would not even matter. I would not have faith. Faith would not exist. The redemption that met earth on that day reveals to us how much we need salvation.

29 “Sovereign Lord, now let your servant die in peace,
as you have promised.
30 I have seen your salvation,
31 which you have prepared for all people.
32 He is a light to reveal God to the nations,
and he is the glory of your people Israel!”
Luke 2:29-32

No comments: